Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC)
- Kaiser Enrollment Form
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage Group Enrollment Form
- New Facility in Santa Rosa
- Kaiser Active & Fit Gym Membership Discounts
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage (HMO) with Part D
- Kaiser - Explore Healthy Resources
2019-2020 Plan Documents
- Kaiser Traditional - HMO Benefits Summary
- Kaiser Traditional - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Traditional - Evidence of Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible - HMO Benefits Summary
- Kaiser Deductible - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible - Evidence of Coverage
Kaiser Chiropractic and Acupuncture Care Benefit
Chiropractic and Acupuncture benefits are available through the Kaiser Traditional HMO and the Kaiser Deductible HMO plans.
- Your Kaiser Permanente Chiropractic and Acupuncture benefits
- Accessing Your American Specialty Health Networks Chiropractic Benefit
- Find a Chiropractic Provider
Kaiser Permanente has teamed up with fitness industry leader ClassPass to make it easier for employees to exercise from the comfort of their homes.
2019-2020 Plan Documents
- Blue Shield 80% - Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield 80% - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 80% - Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% - PPO Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield 100% - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% - Evidence of Coverage
Blue Shield - Value-Based Purchasing Benefit
SISC has introduced a value-based purchasing benefit for five common procedures (Arthroscopy, Cataract Surgery, Colonoscopy, Upper GI Endoscopy with and without biopsy).
In-Network Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) – pay regular deductible and co-insurance—no benefit change.
In-Network Hospital Outpatient Facility – pay regular deductible and co-insurance, plus the amounts that exceed the reference price.
Blue Shield of California: 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan
All variable hourly, temporary, part-time, seasonal employee or student workers of the Marin Community College District (MCCD) may purchase health insurance for themselves and their eligible children as part of the 2018-2019 Open Enrollment. Employees who choose to enroll will be responsible for making monthly premium payments to the District’s benefits office. Contact the Benefits Office for additional information.
- Offer of Health Insurance
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan Benefit Summary
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Evidence of Coverage
Other Blue Shield Resources
- Blue Shield Claim Form (Employees should use this form ONLY when the Provider of Service does not submit their claim directly to Blue Shield. This is for Blue Shield of California plans)
- Costco Prescription Flyer
- Costco Mail Order Brochure
- Costco Mail Order Registration Form
- Blue Shield Find a PPO Provider
- Blue Shield MD Live Flyer
- Blue Shield MD Live Teletherapy Program Flyer
- Blue Shield Navitus Navigate for Members
- Blue Shield Navitus Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield Navitus Prescription Drug Claim Form
- Blue Shield Pharmacy Member Booklet
- Blue Shield Print ID Card
- Blue Shield Solera 4 Me Diabetes Program
- Coverage for Insulin and Diabetic Test Strips on Navitus RX Plans
- Scripps Hospital - Enhanced Benefit for Hip, Knee and Spine Surgeries for PPO
- Blue Shield Gym Membership Discounts
- Blue Shield - Away From Home Care
- Blue Shield - Traveling BlueCard Program
- Blue Shield - Weight Watchers Benefit
- Value Based Site-of-Care Benefit Change
- Authorization for Release of Personal Health Information
Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC) Programs
Qualifying Events or Status Changes Outside of Open Enrollment (mid-year qualifying event)
- SISC Membership Change Form
- Other supporting documents for spouse/domestic partner or dependent children as applicable
Application for Waiver of District Medical Benefits
Schedule of Benefits
Evidence of Coverage
Dental Reimbursement for Part-Time Faculty (4.2e)
Unit members who qualify for health care coverage in 4.2 shall qualify for a reimbursement of up to $600 per fiscal year for a single subscriber, or $1,200 per fiscal year for a subscriber plus one, based on submission to the District of an itemized invoice from a dentist outlining the services provided and the Dental Reimbursement Claim Form, submitted within 30 calendar days of the end of the fiscal year. The District shall reimburse the unit member within 30 days of receipt of a verified itemized invoice.
Vision Service Provider
- VSP Website
- VSP Vision Benefits Summary
- VSP Eyeconic
- VSP Laser VisionCare
- VSP $20 Coupon for Featured Frame Brands
- VSP Featured Frame Benefit - complete list of frames
- VSP Simple Values
- VSP Exclusive Member Extras
- VSP Click Click Hooray
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Anthem EAP Website is a confidential information, support, and referral service offering tools and resources designed to help maximize productivity and meet the challenges of modern life. As an employer-sponsored program, EAP services are available to employees and their household members at no additional cost to them. Areas frequently addressed by the EAP include:
- Child care and parenting
- Helping aging parents
- Financial issues
- Legal concerns
- Work and career
- Emotional well-being
- Addiction and recovery
- Wellness and prevention
- Concierge and convenience services
- Life events
At Anthem EAP we recognize that consumers want a choice of services, and employers seek to enhance their employees’ well-being while managing costs.
For access call (800) 999-7222 or visit: Anthem EAP (use "SISC" for company name)
Si usted necesita ayuda en español para entender esta información, puede solicitarla gratis llamando al número de su programa de asistencia al empleado.
- Employee Assistance Program through Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem EAP Flyer
- Anthem EAP Website
- Anthem EAP Login (use SISC for company name)
- Childcare Resources
- Parenting Resources
Effective 10/01/2020, All Domestic Partners must be registered with the State of California in order to be eligible for the SISC plans.
- Domestic Partner AB205 State Registration Link
- Important Information for Domestic Partners Benefits
- Certification of Tax-Qualified Dependents
- Enrollment Form
- Beneficiary Form
- An Employee Guide to Group Life Beneficiary Designations and Assignments
- Group Life Claim Form
Business Travel and Accident Policy
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance Program
Long Term Disability Plan
Short Term Disability
- Ability Assist(R) Counseling Services (Employee Assistance Program)
- Beneficiary Assist(R) Counseling Services
- Estate Guidance (R) Will Services
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services
- Health Champion(SM) Healthcare support service
- Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection Services
TDS - Flexible Spending Accounts and Voluntary Benefits
Our Plan Administrator, Tax Deferred Solutions (TDS), provides an Employee Support Center during open enrollment. Call (800) 863-9019 and speak with a Benefits Counselor. They will answer your questions, review your options and enroll you right over the phone.
- Medical FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- TDS Reimbursement Claim Form
- TDS Employee Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- TDS Benefits Debit Card Election Form
- TDS Change of Status
- Transportation Benefit
- TDS Transportation Plan Reimbursement Claim Form
- IRS Publication 502 - Medical and Dental Expenses
- Quick link to list of FSA Eligible Products & Services
- Reliance Wellness Claim Form for Accident Insurance (Policy Number: 826646)
Allstate Wellness Claim Form for Cancer and Critical Illness (Policy Number: 40943)
TDS Voluntary Insurance Programs
Tax-Deferred Solutions provides voluntary insurance programs through Reliance Standard, Allstate and Guardian to provide increased benefits, lower premiums, longer rate guarantees and increased guarantee issue limits. Reliance Standard is the carrier for Voluntary Life, Accident and Hospital Indemnity. Allstate is the carrier for Cancer, Critical Illness and Universal Life. Guardian is the carrier for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Group Term Life Insurance will provide a maximum benefit of $500,000, guaranteed issue amount of $200,000 for employees (under age 60), guaranteed issue amount of $50,000 for spouse (under age 60), with very competitive rates.
- Group Accident Insurance pays a benefit to you for death/catastrophic loss, emergency room, ambulance, hospital admission, hospital confinement, fracture and surgery. Coverage available for the entire family.
- Group Hospital Indemnity provides a guarantee coverage, no pre-existing exclusions, hospital admission benefit of $1,000, room and board benefit of up to $100/day for 180 days per year.
- Group Cancer Insurance provides money to you for diagnosis and treatment of cancer. It pays amount for treatment such as initial diagnosis, screening, physician, hospital, radiation/chemo, surgery, bone marrow, etc. Cancer Plan Highlights.
- Group Critical Illness with Cancer or Group Critical Illness without Cancer provides a guaranteed issue amount of up to $20,000, no pre-existing conditions or waiting periods and lump sum payout for cancer diagnosis.
- Group Universal Life provides a guaranteed issue amount of up to $150,000, employee and dependent coverage, premiums do not change for the life of the plan, builds cash value and the policy may continue after you leave employment.
- Group Short-Term Disability is provided through Guardian
- Group Long-Term Disability is provided through Guardian
For all of these programs, call (800) 863-9019 and speak with a Benefits Counselor. They will answer your questions, review your options and enroll you right over the phone, it's that easy! The Benefit Counselors are available Monday - Thursday 11 am to 7:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.
Commuter Benefit Solutions
In 2017, the SMART (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) Train started full-service operation from the Sonoma County Airport to downtown San Rafael. In conjunction with the Marin County Office of Education, College of Marin employees have discounted pricing available through Commuter Benefits Solutions on SMART’s monthly unlimited Eco Pass for the 2020-2021 school year. Eco Passes are available for $155-170/month using pre-tax dollars deducted from the employee’s paycheck. Employees must register/enroll online by the 10th of the month through Commuter Benefit Solutions (CBS). Employees may also pay for SMART Train parking fees with pre-tax dollars through the use of a pre-paid MasterCard. If you would like to sign up for commuter benefits, please contact Ron Owen in the Benefits Office.
We are pleased to announce Pet Insurance from Nationwide. With Nationwide, you are free to use any licensed Veterinarian, even specialists and emergency providers. Once you enroll, Nationwide will bill you directly on a monthly basis. There is no payroll deduction option. You may enroll at anytime during the year.
Preferred pricing for employees with multiple pet discounts available
Annual maximum benefit $7,500; a bucket of money to use for treatments/services (no complicated benefit schedule)
Choose 90%, 70%, or 50% reimbursement of invoice (vet bill); $250 annual deductible
No age limitations; rates will not increase with age
Simple pricing; rates are based two factors only - state and species
No waiting period for Hereditary coverage
Reference the "What's Not Covered" document below
Plus these additional benefits:
Advertising and reward expenses
Loss due to theft
There are three simple ways for employees to sign up for their new pet insurance voluntary benefit:
Go directly to http://www.petinsurance.com/marin
Visit PetsNationwide.com and enter your company name
Call 877-738-7874 and mention that you are an employee of Marin Community College District to receive preferred pricing.
Pet Insurance - Open Enrollment Materials
Pet Insurance - Rate Sheets for Dog and Cat
Questions and Answers
Dog Park Safety Tips
My Pet Protection: Additional Benefits Coverage
What's Not Covered
403(b) Retirement Plan
As an employee of Marin Community College District, we are pleased to inform you that you are eligible to participate in our 403(b) retirement plan. Our 403(b) plan allows you to contribute pre-tax dollars into an investment provider of your choice. Participation in the plan not only helps you prepare for a more financially secure future, it provides significant tax advantages today.
To learn more, order the booklet A Guide to Your California Retirement Benefits, available at no charge from our plan administrator, Tax Deferred Solutions (TDS), California’s largest independent provider of 403(b) and 457(b) plan administration services. In addition, you may also request a FREE estimate of your projected retirement benefits. Visit Tax Deferred Solutions (TDS) website to request your FREE information.
For additional information, visit our 403(b) and 457(b) website.
Important Notice regarding
- California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- Social Security Administration
KeenanDirect offers enrollment assistance and expert guidance on a full suite of Insurance products for individuals, families, small businesses, seniors and the self-employed.
Kaiser Permanente has teamed up with fitness industry leader ClassPass to make it easier for your employees to exercise from the comfort of their homes.