SEIU/MSC Special Enrollment - April 2020
Based on the anticipated Approval of the Tentative Agreement between the Marin Community College District (MCCD) and Service Employees International Union, Local 1021 (SEIU) on April 21, 2020, a SEIU Special Enrollment period is open for all benefit eligible unit members for Medical changes only. Effective May 1, 2020 the District medical contribution will be increased to $2,050/month.
Additionally, based on the anticipated approval of a recommendation to the Board of Trustees by Superintendent David Wain Coon on April 21, 2020, the District medical contribution for Managers, Supervisors and Confidential (MSC) employees/Board of Trustees will be increased to $2,050/month effective May 1, 2020. A MSC Special Enrollment period is open for all benefit eligible MSC for Medical changes only.
This SEIU/MSC Special Enrollment period will open on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 and close on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Please either email your documents to Ron Owen or send your documents by US mail(postmarked April 15) or Intercampus mail to: Ron Owen, Marin Community College District, 1800 Ignacio Blvd., Novato, CA 94949, by the deadline.
Note: If you are currently enrolled and you do not want to change medical plans or add any dependents to your medical plan, no action is required.
Any enrollment changes for you or your dependents will go into effect on May 1, 2020. Any employee premium contribution payroll adjustments will appear on the April Payroll.
During this Open Enrollment Period, the following changes will be permitted, if eligible:
1. Switch Medical Carrier from one to another. Use one of these forms:
2. Keep same Medical Carrier, switch plans.
- Send an email to Ron Owen
3. Enroll or Terminate an eligible dependent. Use this form:
Note: if you are adding a dependent, there is additional documentation required. See Dependent Eligibility - Required Documents below.
2019-2020 Annual Open Enrollment
We are pleased to announce the 2019-2020 Annual Open Enrollment for all benefit eligible employees, beginning Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
The medical rates are going up about 8% as of October 1, 2019. Over the past 4.5 years, the SISC COM rate increase has averaged 4.18% annually. Prior to our enrollment with SISC, COM had double digit annual medical plan increases.
Any enrollment changes for you or your dependents will go into effect on October 1, 2019, with any employee premium contributions beginning on the September 2019 payroll. Open Enrollment will close on Friday, August 23, 2019. The District maximum medical contributions remain unchanged.
If you are satisfied with your current coverage, there is no action needed.
- 2019 Employee Benefits Guide
- Open Enrollment Memo and Instructions - Classified and Unrepresented
- Open Enrollment Memo and Instructions - Faculty
To enroll or change enrollment, you must complete:
To change dependent enrollment, you must complete:
Blue Shield - Value-Based Purchasing Benefit
SISC has introduced a value-based purchasing benefit for five common procedures (Arthroscopy, Cataract Surgery, Colonoscopy, Upper GI Endoscopy with and without biopsy).
In-Network Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) – pay regular deductible and co-insurance—no benefit change.
In-Network Hospital Outpatient Facility – pay regular deductible and co-insurance, plus the amounts that exceed the reference price.
Dependent Eligibility - Required Documents
If you are adding an eligible dependent, the following documents are required by SISC.
The following verification documents are also required to enroll a dependent in health benefit plans. SISC requires the Social Security Numbers for all dependents to be covered on the plans. SISC reserves the right to request additional documentation to substantiate eligibility.
- Prior year’s Federal Tax Form that shows the couple was married (financial information may be blocked out)
- Marriage Certificate for newly married couple where tax return is not available
- Certificate of Registered Domestic Partnership issued by the State of California
- SISC Affidavit of Domestic Partnership (when applicable)
Children, Stepchildren, and/or Adopted Children up to age 26
- Legal Birth Certificate or Hospital Birth Certificate (to include full name of child, parent(s) name & child’s DOB)
- Legal Adoption Documentation
Legal Guardianship up to age 18
- Legal Court Documentation establishing Guardianship
What are the employee and district responsibilities regarding spouse/domestic partner and/or dependent children terminations?
It is the employee’s responsibility to notify the district of any changes in eligibility status for their spouse/domestic partner or dependent(s) within 31 calendar days of their Mid-Year Qualifying Event. The district is required to notify SISC in a timely manner of these changes. Paid claims and/or increased premiums on a non-eligible spouse/domestic partner or dependent(s) will be recovered from the employee.
Pre-Tax Your Share of Premium
If you have any out of pocket share toward the premium, you may consider having the deductions taken on a pre-tax basis. By signing up for this option your federal, state and social security deductions will decrease. Please complete and submit the Salary Reduction Agreement by August 23, 2019 to the Benefits Office.
2019-2020 Plan Documents
- Kaiser Traditional - HMO Benefits Summary
- Kaiser Traditional - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Traditional - Evidence of Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible - HMO Benefits Summary
- Kaiser Deductible - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible - Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield 80% - Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield 80% - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 80% - Pharmacy Benefit Schedule (pending)
- Blue Shield 80% - Evidence of Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% - PPO Benefits Summary
- Blue Shield 100% - Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% - Pharmacy Benefit Schedule (pending)
- Blue Shield 100% - Evidence of Coverage
Blue Shield of California: 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan
All variable hourly, temporary, part-time, seasonal employee or student workers of the Marin Community College District (MCCD) may purchase health insurance for themselves and their eligible children as part of the 2019-2020 Open Enrollment. Employees who choose to enroll will be responsible for making monthly premium payments to the District’s benefits office. Contact the Benefits Office for additional information.
- Offer of Health Insurance
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan Benefit Summary
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Pharmacy Benefit Schedule
- Blue Shield 2-Tier Anchor Bronze - Evidence of Coverage
Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC)
This SISC value added program gives you access to experts from all over the globe to assist with the best course of treatment for your medical situation. Advance Medical is available to all subscribers and covered dependents enrolled in any SISC PPO or Kaiser Medical plan. Call (855) 201-9925 for additional information or visit http://advance-medical.net/sisc/.
SISC has partnered with Carrum Health to provide Blue Shield PPO members with access to an enhanced benefit with selected physicians at Scripps Health in San Diego for Hip Replacements, Knee Replacements and several Inpatient Spine Surgeries. Under the Carrum benefit with Scripps: There are no medical bills! Co-insurance and deductibles are waived and Travel expenses are covered for the patient and an adult companion. This benefit is separate from and in addition to the benefits already provided under your Blue Shield PPO plan. To get started, call Carrum toll free at (888) 855-7806 or visit Carrum’s website at https://my.carrumhealth.com/login.
Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential information, support, and referral service offering tools and resources designed to help maximize productivity and meet the challenges of modern life. As an employer-sponsored program, EAP services are available to employees and their household members at no additional cost to them.
During Open Enrollment, you have the opportunity to enroll in Voluntary Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability with The Hartford. When you enroll in The Hartford voluntary coverage during open enrollment, The Hartford may require you to submit an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form, which involves providing the insurance company with additional information about your health.
Go to the Employee Benefits web page to view the plan documents
To enroll, complete The Hartford Enrollment form and return to the Benefits Office.
Tax Deferred Solutions - Cafeteria 125 Plan - For Eligible Employees
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Now is the time to enroll for an effective date of October 1, 2019.
The College of Marin provides you with several benefit options that allow you to use pre-tax money to increase your spending power and protect you when unforeseen events put you at risk with loss of income, unanticipated medical expenses and more.
You can have up to $2,650 withheld annually on a pre-tax basis to pay for any out-of-pocket medical/dental expenses (Medical FSA) and an additional $5,000 withheld annually for dependent care expenses (Dependent Care FSA) may also be withheld.
A Transportation Plan is an employer-sponsored benefit program that allows you to set aside pre-tax funds in separate accounts to pay for qualified workplace mass transit and parking expenses. You can put up to $255 pre-tax dollars per month into both the transportation and parking accounts and you can make contribution changes monthly. Your monthly balance is carried forward and you can make adjustments to your contribution, enroll or terminate plan participation at any time during the plan year. You have access to the funds through a debit card or manual reimbursement claim form. Enrollment in the plan is optional. Transportation and Parking Benefit Summary
TDS Voluntary Insurance Programs
Tax-Deferred Solutions provides voluntary insurance programs through Reliance Standard, Allstate and Guardian to provide increased benefits, lower premiums, longer rate guarantees and increased guarantee issue limits. Reliance Standard is the carrier for Voluntary Life, Accident and Hospital Indemnity. Allstate is the carrier for Cancer, Critical Illness and Universal Life. Guardian is the carrier for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Group Term Life Insurance will provide a maximum benefit of $500,000, guaranteed issue amount of $200,000 for employees (under age 60), guaranteed issue amount of $50,000 for spouse (under age 60), with very competitive rates.
- Group Accident Insurance pays a benefit to you for death/catastrophic loss, emergency room, ambulance, hospital admission, hospital confinement, fracture and surgery. Coverage available for the entire family.
- Group Hospital Indemnity provides a guarantee coverage, no pre-existing exclusions, hospital admission benefit of $1,000, room and board benefit of up to $100/day for 180 days per year.
- Group Cancer Insurance provides money to you for diagnosis and treatment of cancer. It pays amount for treatment such as initial diagnosis, screening, physician, hospital, radiation/chemo, surgery, bone marrow, etc.
- Group Critical Illness with Cancer or Group Critical Illness without Cancer provides a guaranteed issue amount of up to $20,000, no pre-existing conditions or waiting periods and lump sum payout for cancer diagnosis.
- Group Universal Life provides a guaranteed issue amount of up to $150,000, employee and dependent coverage, premiums do not change for the life of the plan, builds cash value and the policy may continue after you leave employment.
- Reliance Wellness Claim Form for Accident Insurance (Policy Number: 826646)
- Allstate Wellness Claim Form for Cancer and Critical Illness (Policy Number: 40943)
For all of these programs, call 1-800-863-9019 and speak with a Benefits Counselor. They will answer your questions, review your options and enroll you right over the phone, it's that easy! The Benefit Counselors are available Monday - Thursday 11 am to 7:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.
Commuter Benefit Solutions
In 2017, the SMART (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) Train started full-service operation from the Sonoma County Airport to downtown San Rafael. In conjunction with the Marin County Office of Education, College of Marin employees have discounted pricing available through Commuter Benefits Solutions on SMART’s monthly unlimited Eco Pass for the 2020-2021 school year. Eco Passes are available for $155-170/month using pre-tax dollars deducted from the employee’s paycheck. Employees must register/enroll online by the 10th of the month through Commuter Benefit Solutions (CBS). Employees may also pay for SMART Train parking fees with pre-tax dollars through the use of a pre-paid MasterCard. If you would like to sign up for commuter benefits, please contact Ron Owen in the Benefits Office.