Open Enrollment 2018
We are pleased to announce the 2018-2019 Annual Open Enrollment for all benefit eligible employees, beginning Monday, May 7, 2018.
Any enrollment changes for you or your dependents will go into effect on October 1, 2018, with any employee premium contributions beginning on the September 2018 payroll. Open Enrollment will close on Friday, August 24, 2018. The District maximum medical contribution remains unchanged.
If you are satisfied with your current coverage, there is no action needed.
To enroll or change enrollment, you must complete:
To change dependent enrollment, you must complete:
Open Enrollment Activities for Health Benefits at the Kentfield and Indian Valley Campus locations
Open Enrollment One-On-One Assistance with Susan Vogt, Keenan & Associates
- Thursday, May 24, 2018, 9:00 am – 11:00 am., IVC, Building 8 Conference Room
- Thursday, May 24, 2018, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm., Kentfield, SS Building, Deedy Lounge
Health Fair - Carrier representatives, Susan Vogt from Keenan & Associates and Ron Owen will be available to discuss our benefits programs
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 11:00 am – 12:00 noon, Performing Arts Building, Kentfield (after Convocation)
Open Enrollment Benefit Presentations (Carriers, Keenan & Associates, Ron Owen)
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 2:00 to 3:00 pm, IVC, Room TBD
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, 10:00 to 11:30 am, Kentfield, Room TBD
Open Enrollment One-On-One Assistance with Susan Vogt, Keenan & Associates
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 3:00-5:00 pm, IVC, Room TBD
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, 12:00-5:00 pm, Kentfield, Room TBD
Dependent Eligibility - Required Documents
If you are adding an eligible dependent, the following documents are required by SISC.
The following verification documents are also required to enroll a dependent in health benefit plans. SISC requires the Social Security Numbers for all dependents to be covered on the plans. SISC reserves the right to request additional documentation to substantiate eligibility.
- Prior year’s Federal Tax Form that shows the couple was married (financial information may be blocked out)
- Marriage Certificate for newly married couple where tax return is not available
- Certificate of Registered Domestic Partnership issued by the State of California
- SISC Affidavit of Domestic Partnership (when applicable)
Children, Stepchildren, and/or Adopted Children up to age 26
- Legal Birth Certificate or Hospital Birth Certificate (to include full name of child, parent(s) name & child’s DOB)
- Legal Adoption Documentation
Legal Guardianship up to age 18
- Legal Court Documentation establishing Guardianship
What are the employee and district responsibilities regarding spouse/domestic partner and/or dependent children terminations?
It is the employee’s responsibility to notify the district of any changes in eligibility status for their spouse/domestic partner or dependent(s) within 31 calendar days of their Mid-Year Qualifying Event. The district is required to notify SISC in a timely manner of these changes. Paid claims and/or increased premiums on a non-eligible spouse/domestic partner or dependent(s) will be recovered from the employee.
Pre-Tax Your Share of Premium
If you have any out of pocket share toward the premium, you may consider having the deductions taken on a pre-tax basis. By signing up for this option your federal, state and social security deductions will decrease. Please complete and submit the Salary Reduction Agreement by August 24, 2018 to the Benefits Office.
2018-2019 Plan Documents
- Kaiser Traditional HMO Benefits Summary (pending)
- Kaiser Traditional Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Kaiser Deductible HMO Benefits Summary (pending)
- Blue Shield 80% PPO Benefits Summary (pending)
- Blue Shield 80% Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield 100% PPO Benefits Summary (pending)
- Blue Shield 100% Summary of Benefits and Coverage
To view the 2017-2018 plan documents, go to the Employee Benefits web page.
Blue Shield of California: 2-Tier Anchor Bronze Plan
All variable hourly, temporary, part-time, seasonal employee or student workers of the Marin Community College District (MCCD) may purchase health insurance for themselves and their eligible children as part of the 2017-2018 Open Enrollment. Employees who choose to enroll will be responsible for making monthly premium payments to the District’s benefits office. Contact the Benefits Office for additional information.
- Offer of Health Insurance
- Blue Shield Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Blue Shield Benefit Summary (pending)
Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC)
This SISC value added program gives you access to experts from all over the globe to assist with the best course of treatment for your medical situation. Advance Medical is available to all subscribers and covered dependents enrolled in any SISC PPO or Kaiser Medical plan. Call (855) 201-9925 for additional information or visit http://advance-medical.net/sisc/.
SISC has partnered with Carrum Health to provide Blue Shield PPO members with access to an enhanced benefit with selected physicians at Scripps Health in San Diego for Hip Replacements, Knee Replacements and several Inpatient Spine Surgeries. Under the Carrum benefit with Scripps: There are no medical bills! Co-insurance and deductibles are waived and Travel expenses are covered for the patient and an adult companion. This benefit is separate from and in addition to the benefits already provided under your Blue Shield PPO plan. To get started, call Carrum toll free at (888) 855-7806 or visit Carrum’s website at https://my.carrumhealth.com/login.
During Open Enrollment, you have the opportunity to enroll in Voluntary Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability with The Hartford. When you enroll in The Hartford voluntary coverage during open enrollment, The Hartford may require you to submit an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form, which involves providing the insurance company with additional information about your health.
Go to the Employee Benefits web page to view the plan documents
To enroll, complete The Hartford Enrollment form and return to the Benefits Office.
Tax Deferred Solutions - Cafeteria 125 Plan - For Eligible Employees
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Now is the time to enroll for an effective date of October 1, 2018.
The College of Marin provides you with several benefit options that allow you to use pre-tax money to increase your spending power and protect you when unforeseen events put you at risk with loss of income, unanticipated medical expenses and more.
You can have up to $2,650 withheld annually on a pre-tax basis to pay for any out-of-pocket medical/dental expenses (Medical FSA) and an additional $5,000 withheld annually for dependent care expenses (Dependent Care FSA) may also be withheld.
A Transportation Plan is an employer-sponsored benefit program that allows you to set aside pre-tax funds in separate accounts to pay for qualified workplace mass transit and parking expenses. You can put up to $255 pre-tax dollars per month into both the transportation and parking accounts and you can make contribution changes monthly. Your monthly balance is carried forward and you can make adjustments to your contribution, enroll or terminate plan participation at any time during the plan year. You have access to the funds through a debit card or manual reimbursement claim form. Enrollment in the plan is optional. Transportation and Parking Benefit Summary
TDS Voluntary Insurance Programs
Effective October 1, 2018, Tax-Deferred Solutions is changing carriers from Guardian to Reliance Standard and Allstate to provide increased benefits, lower premiums, longer rate guarantees and increased guarantee issue limits. Reliance Standard will be the carrier for Voluntary Life, Accident and Hospital Indemnity (new). Allstate will be the carrier for Cancer, Critical Illness and Universal Life (new). Existing enrollees in Guardian will be transferred effective 10/1/2018 and notified separately.
- Group Term Life Insurance will provide a maximum benefit of $500,000, guaranteed issue amount of $200,000 for employees (under age 60), guaranteed issue amount of $50,000 for spouse (under age 60), with very competitive rates.
- Group Accident Insurance pays a benefit to you for death/catastrophic loss, emergency room, ambulance, hospital admission, hospital confinement, fracture and surgery. Coverage available for the entire family.
- Group Hospital Indemnity provides a guarantee coverage, no pre-existing exclusions, hospital admission benefit of $1,000, room and board benefit of up to $100/day for 180 days per year.
- Group Critical Illness provides a guaranteed issue amount of up to $20,000, no pre-existing conditions or waiting periods and lump sum payout for cancer diagnosis.
- Group Cancer Insurance provides money to you for diagnosis and treatment of cancer. It pays amount for treatment such as initial diagnosis, screening, physician, hospital, radiation/chemo, surgery, bone marrow, etc.
- Group Universal Life provides a guaranteed issue amount of up to $150,000, employee and dependent coverage, premiums do not change for the life of the plan, builds cash value and the policy may continue after you leave employment.
For all of these programs, call 1-800-863-9019 and speak with a Benefits Counselor. They will answer your questions, review your options and enroll you right over the phone, it's that easy! The Benefit Counselors are available Monday - Thursday 11 am to 7:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm.
Commuter Benefit Solutions
Last year, the SMART (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) Train started full-service operation from the Sonoma County Airport to downtown San Rafael. In conjunction with the Marin County Office of Education, College of Marin employees have discounted pricing available through Commuter Benefits Solutions on SMART’s monthly unlimited Eco Pass for the 2018-2019 school year. Eco Passes are available for $155-170/month using pre-tax dollars deducted from the employee’s paycheck. Employees must register/enroll online by the 10th of the month through Commuter Benefit Solutions (CBS). Employees may also pay for SMART Train parking fees with pre-tax dollars through the use of a pre-paid MasterCard. If you would like to sign up for commuter benefits, please contact Ron Owen in the Benefits Office.