Thank you for your interest in doing business with College of Marin. To facilitate our bid solicitation, we have implemented a web-based procurement system hosted by PlanetBids, provided at no cost to all interested businesses. The PlanetBids system allows interested suppliers, contractors, and service providers to register online and receive automated email notifications of solicitations (Bids/RFP/RFQ) for goods and services pertinent to their business, as well as allowing registered vendors to download bid documents, receive addenda, submit electronic bids, and view bid results through the PlanetBids system.
Both formal and informal solicitations may be processed through this system. All responses are due by the date and time indicated on each solicitation and late responses will not be accepted.
Vendors are responsible for registering and maintaining up to date and accurate business profile information in the PlanetBids system. Vendors may edit their profile information at any time.
College of Marin has made every effort to make all aspects of the procurement process easy, secure, and reliable. However, if you need help or have questions concerning the features available, please click here for PlanetBids online assistance. Vendors are responsible for contacting PlanetBids directly for any technical assistance.
Please click here to access the College of Marin PlanetBids Vendor Portal.
BID LIMITS & GUIDELINES
The State of California Public Contract Code section 20651 establishes the bid limit for the purchase of materials, supplies, and services to be furnished, sold or leased. The limit is subject to change on January 1 of each year. There are two distinct bid limits based on total contract value:
Effective January 1, 2023 the bid limit is $109,300 and applies to the following items:
- The purchase of equipment, materials, or supplies to be furnished, sold, or leased to the District.
- Services, except construction services.
- Repairs, including maintenance as defined in Public Contract Code Section 20656, that are not a public project as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 22002
- Effective January 1, 2019, the bid limit threshold is $60,000 for construction contracts under the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA). Construction contracts in this category include contracts with the licensed trades to perform construction, reconstruction, alteration, renovation, improvement, demolition, landscaping, voice or data cabling, painting, or repair work involving any publicly owned, leased, or operated facility.
If the total contract value is below the applicable bid limit, then the District Buyer may issue a Purchase Order without conducting an advertised formal competitive bid process. However, the purchase may be subject to a District purchasing requirement to obtain informal bids or quotations – see the Purchasing Matrix for specific District policies. Informal bidding promotes open competition and results in reduced acquisition costs which save valuable public resources.
Sample Master Documents
17/18-MB10: Interim Classrooms, Indian Valley Campus
Closing Date: March 5, 2018
17/18-MB9: Bill and Adele Jonas Center, Building 18 Alterations Design-Build Services, Indian Valley Campus
Closing Date: March 20, 2018
- Request for Proposals
- Jonas Center Drawing and Specifications
- Addendum No. 1
- Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3
17/18-MB8: Performing Arts Stage Floor Replacement, Kentfield Campus
Closing Date: March 1, 2018
17/18-MB7: Organic Farm Classrooms, Indian Valley Campus
Closing Date: March 1, 2018